Glasgow | Craigdale Housing Association
10th March 2017, at 12 noon
Craigdale Housing Association Ltd is seeking to buy in maintenance services for an initial 2 year period (with the option to extend for a further 2 years) from another Registered Social Landlord or from a suitably qualified consultant.
Craigdale was established in 1988 following a stock transfer from Glasgow City Council. The Association now has 366 social rented properties; 6 shared ownership properties and provides factoring services to a small number of private owners. Craigdale is based within the Castlemilk West area of Glasgow and is also a registered Scottish Charity.
The Association prides itself with the quality of customer care, housing and maintenance services it provides to its tenants and the programme of community events that it delivers throughout the year.
Craigdale has an annual turnover of approximately £1.8 million; employees 6 members of staff; buys in a range of services for certain functions and currently has 9 members on its Board.
Craigdale has been successful in achieving a range of recognition awards over the years, the main ones being: EFQM 5 star Recognised for Excellence (2014); Investors in People Gold Status (2016) and most recently the Scottish Home Small Housing Association 2016.
Craigdale’s actively embraces it’s cultural values of openness, honestly, accountability and integrity throughout its activities and in its governance and will expect its partners to do the same.
We have identified the need to buy-in services for the following (but not limited to):
• Review and keep updated our 30 year maintenance assumptions based on robust stock condition information
• Review and keep updated our existing life cycle costings
• Liaise as appropriate with our Finance Agent
• Carry out SHQS/EESSH compliant stock condition surveys
• Propose works required to meet legal obligations
• Make best use of current SDM software system
• Procure and project management planned maintenance works & external painter works
• Review existing Partnering Agreements for the following services: reactive maintenance, gas servicing, electrical inspections & installation of kitchens and bathrooms
• Contribute to the review of key strategic documents relating to asset management
• Risk Management
• Contribute to the annual budget setting process
• Produce reports and attend as and when required appropriate Board and Sub-Committee meetings
• Input to annual returns such as the Annual Return on the Charter
• Act as project manager for other ad hoc projects
• Provide technical support to the Housing Services Team, including training as and when required
The provider of our Maintenance Services will be required to deliver our services in the context of the prevailing legal, regulatory and best practice frameworks. This will include, for example, ensuring the Association’s compliance with the requirements of the Scottish Social Housing Charter and the Regulatory Standards of Governance & Financial Management, procurement and Health & Safety legislation.
Tender documents are available from Craigdale Housing Association:
Tenders to be returned by 12.00noon on 10 March 2017
Interviews on 21 March 2017 (may be subject to change)
Recommendation to the Board on 28 March 2017
Provider of Maintenance Services appointed from 1 April 2017