Cancellations and Refunds
(Please note that when you make a booking for one of our events, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions below. Understanding the conditions BEFORE you book can prevent problems arising later.
1. A Commitment to Equality
Everyone at any SFHA event has equal rights to benefit from, contribute to and enjoy the event. This means, among other things, that we should avoid language and behaviour which is unacceptable to other participants because it is seen as offensive, racist or sexist etc. We always trust that everyone will endorse these principles.
2. Terms of Service
2.1 Our contract with you
- These are the terms and conditions on which We supply the Services to You.
- Please ensure that You read these Terms carefully, and check that the details in Your Booking and/or Ticket are complete and accurate, before continuing with the Booking.
- Bookings can be made in person, over the telephone, on Our website www.sfha.co.uk or via email.
- When You submit Your Booking to Us, this does not mean We have accepted Your Booking for Services. If We are unable to supply You with the Services, We will inform You of this verbally or in writing and We will not process Your Booking, nor accept payment. We will use Our reasonable endeavours to suggest alternative Services to You.
- We will confirm Your Booking by accepting payment from You for the full price and issuing You with a Reference Number and/or Ticket, if applicable. When We issue Your Reference Number, You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and the contract between You and Us will come into existence.
- The date, start time, length and/or end time shall be specified in Your Booking and/or Ticket.
- You are obliged to pay the Price appropriate to Your status:
The Prices applicable to each of the above are set out in each of our event listings, as updated from time to time. You are not permitted to make a Booking for a child(ren), and if You do, they will be refused entry.
2.2 Providing services
- We will supply the Services to You on the date and time specified in Your Booking and/or Ticket.
- We will make every reasonable effort to provide the Services on the specified date and time. However, there may be delays due to an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 9 for Our responsibilities when an Event Outside Our Control happens.
- We reserve the right to make minor amendments to the Services if necessary in the circumstances. Such minor amendments will not affect the overall provision of Services.
- We reserve the right to correct and amend any errors contained in Our promotional material, website or any of Our other documents at any time.
- If You do not pay Us for the Services when You are supposed to as set out in clause 7, We may suspend the Services with immediate effect until You have paid Us the outstanding amounts.
- The Price of the Event Services is not VAT applicable, for SFHA MEMBER ORGANISATIONS.
- The Price of the Exhibitor Services includes VAT, for SFHA COMMERCIAL AND SUPPORTING ASSOCIATES
- You may either pay by debit/credit card or by invoice.
- All payments must be paid in sterling (GBP). Payment in foreign coins/notes will not be accepted. Payment from foreign bank accounts must be agreed with Us in advance and may incur a bank charge, which must be met by You and will be invoiced by Us after full payment for Services has been paid.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of Your Booking.
- The Price will only be refunded in the event that the Service is cancelled by You or Us as provided for in clauses in sections 5 of these terms.
Sometimes you will need to cancel a booking that you have made, or change the details of your booking. The conditions below set out how the SFHA handles such eventualities. When you sign the booking form, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- CANCELLATIONS for one day conferences can be accepted in writing. If cancellation occurs before the closing date a £30 administration fee will be charged. If cancellation occurs after the closing date then the full fee may be payable.
- CANCELLATIONS for residential conferences can be accepted in writing. If cancellation occurs before the closing date a £40 administration fee will be charged. If cancellation occurs after the closing date then the full fee may be payable.
- LATE CANCELLATIONS, made after the closing date, will incur the full delegate fee for the event. In the case of a genuine medical or personal emergency, the SFHA will consider refunding the delegate fee minus an administration charge; however, we may require written corroboration of the reasons. Alternatively we are happy to accept substitute delegates on these occasions; again written confirmation of the replacement is required. Unfortunately, there are often occasions where we may have to pick up the cost of your place (such as accommodation and meals), refunds cannot always be issued.
Please avoid swapping places with other organisations as this can lead to problems at the event. We will only allow swaps at our discretion and anyone who wishes to do so must notify us in writing.
IF WE HAVE TO CANCEL: sometimes we will need to cancel an event due to circumstances beyond our control. We will advise you of any cancellation as soon as we make the decision to cancel. Refunds will then be issued. Please do not make any travel arrangements, or book any accommodation until the closing date for the event as the SFHA will not be liable for costs incurred by you for any event which is cancelled in these circumstances.
You have the right to cancel Your Booking and/or Ticket where You choose to cancel because We are affected by an Event Outside Our Control. You must provide written notice to Us that You are cancelling Your Booking as a result of an Event Outside Our Control. We will confirm Your cancellation in writing to You.
If You cancel Your Booking or Ticket before the designated closing date for the event We will refund the Price paid for the Services in full to your chosen method of payment.
5.1 Non-refundable and non-transferable
Your Booking is valid only for the specific Event as detailed on Your Booking and/or Ticket issued. If You miss or arrive too late for the specified Event:
- Your Booking is non-transferable, and
- Your Booking and/or Ticket is non-refundable.
We may at Our sole discretion, amend Your Booking to an alternative Event if this is possible or; we may make a refund due to certain circumstances.
5.2 Our rights to cancel and applicable refund
We may have to cancel Your Booking before the start date for the Services in the following circumstances:
- due to an Event Outside Our Control; or
- if We are unable to provide the Service in terms of Your Booking for any reason.
If We have to cancel Your Booking, We will promptly contact You to let You know and refund any payments made by You.
We reserve the right to cancel and/or suspend the contract for Services at any time with immediate effect by giving You verbal or written notice:
- If You do not pay Us when You are supposed; or
- Where there is any risk to Our representative, property or welfare of others as a result of unacceptable behaviour from You. Whether behaviour is unacceptable shall be determined by Us and/or Our representative; or
- If You are deemed by Us and/or Our Representative to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; or
- Where You do not comply with any of Your obligations under clause 5, and any in such circumstances, refunds will not be given.
The SFHA is constantly ensuring that our events are of a consistently high standard. We are always keen to get your comments, through evaluation forms and in person, and use them to improve the event where possible. If you have a query, or complaint, please contact any member of the SFHA Events Team present at the event.
You can also email email@example.com or write to: SFHA, Sutherland House, 149 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5NW