Welfare Rights Officer
Cumbernauld | Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Ltd
£29,720 - £29,720
19th December 2017, at Midnight
Salary and Employment Details
Salary: £29,720 per annum (rising to £31,285 after 12 months subject to satisfactory performance)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 100,000 properties across England and Scotland. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
The Welfare Rights Officer will be part of a team within Sanctuary Scotland which provides a range of quality, affordable homes including general rented, sheltered, supported and shared equity accommodation within Scotland.
The role of Welfare Rights Officer will include:
- Delivering high quality and consistent services in relation to the management and resolution of welfare related enquiries and complaints
- Managing customer queries on benefits including supporting residents to understand and restructure their personal finances to improve their financial situation
- Meeting all legislative and regulatory requirements for welfare rights activities, ensuring the provision of quality and safe homes for Sanctuary Scotland’s customers
- Managing complaints and breakdowns in service delivery to meet customer expectations and in accordance with contract and service specifications, effectively communicating progress and outcomes to the customer
- Managing relationships with internal and external customers, identifying any shortfalls in service delivery and ensuring they are dealt with appropriately
Skills and experiences:
- Working knowledge of welfare benefits regulation, case law, regulations and good practice relating to claims processing and entitlement
- Proven experience of advocacy and support at tribunal hearings
- Proven experience of delivering high quality customer service
- Proven experience of administration relating to customer service and complaints
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- SVQ 3 in relevant area
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- •A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Please go to our jobs page link for a copy of the job role profile.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure Scotland check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Limited, a charity registered in Scotland No. SC024549, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.