Generic Housing Officer
East Lothian | Homes for Life Housing Partnership Limited
£27,457 - £35,260
25th March 2019, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Monday to Friday
Grade 6-7 EVH PA 17 – PA 25, there is a pay award pending.
Want to make a difference to the lives of our tenants and sharing owners within the rural East Lothian area? We are seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Housing Officer with excellent communication, interpersonal, management and customer service skills to provide a responsive, comprehensive, generic housing and estate management service to our tenants and sharing owners.
Whilst working as part of a committed team, you will be responsible and accountable for the implementation of all Customer Service policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with current legislation, regulation and good practice. You will also use your own initiative, knowledge and experience to help shape our future services, policies and strategies.
The role of fully generic Housing Officer is often demanding but always rewarding, following tasks through from start to finish.
You should be educated to Chartered Institute of Housing Level 4 or equivalent as a minimum and have recent relevant frontline Housing Management experience.
Experience and skills essential for the job:
• A current full driving licence and a car available for use at work
• Excellent IT skills including MS Office applications
• Understanding of welfare benefits and Universal Credit
• At least 3 year's recent experience of generic housing management
• Commitment to full tenant participation
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team
• Thorough up to date working knowledge of housing legislation and best practice
• Knowledge of common repair problems
The post is subject to Police Check Standard Disclosure.
Forms should be returned by email and marked 'Private & Confidential' to Alison Gorrie, Corporate Services Officer.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 1st April 2019.