Campbeltown | Fyne Homes Ltd
24,886 - 31,108
29th April 2019, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Part time, permanent post based in Campbeltown.
The hours for this role are as follows;
• 21 hours per week
• Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9.00am to 1.20pm
• Thursday and Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm
The salary scale applicable to the post is £24,886.00 - £31,108.00pa (pro rata).
This works out to a statring salary of £14,931.00pa (for 21 hours per week).
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective housing management service across geographical area of operation; including responsibility for tenancy sustainment, proactive arrears and estate management and the efficient management of void properties and allocations.
1. Manage and monitor all rent accounts for first 3 months of tenancy, and take appropriate action as per the Associations policies and procedures relating to Rent Arrears and prevention as required
2. Administration of vacant properties according to the Associations policy and procedures for Void Management
3. Implement the Association’s Allocations policy and procedures, ensuring all procedures are followed and all applications are processed according to procedure and in a timeous fashion
4. Implement the Association’s policy and procedures relating to Estate Management
5. Investigate and resolve reports or breaches of tenancy conditions including complaints of anti-social behaviour and taking action in accordance with the Association’s related policies and procedures
6. Assist in implementing the Tenant Participation Strategy in area of operation including servicing residents associations and the like as necessary
7. Setting realistic targets and objectives for areas of operation in conjunction with line managers as required and striving to achieve same
8. Gathering of information and preparation of reports, as required, relating to areas of operation for both Committee and Management
9. Providing cover for colleagues in other area offices as required
10. Represent and promote the Association’s interests by becoming involved in local and national initiatives related to areas of operation
11. Responsible for general day to day running of office and administration
12. Build effective partnerships with tenant and other customers, partners and suppliers to foster good working relationships and a customer centric approach to service delivery
13. The post-holder is expected to operate within the Association’s policies and procedures and the relevant legislation.
14. There is also an expectation that the post-holder will deputise for the Housing Team Leader when required.
Knowledge and Skills
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience of dealing with the public in a front line role
• Proficient IT and reporting skills – experience of Microsoft office packages and relevant databases
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Empathetic listener and able to engage with a diverse customer base including vulnerable and hard to reach groups
• Confident in dealing with sensitive issues and diffusing difficult situations
• Well-developed analytical skills and problem solving capability
• Ability to prioritise work load and make decisions – adept at working under pressure, with multiple demands and to meet deadlines
• Able to react quickly and effectively and relate to tenants and other service users’ needs
• Able to work independently and also as part of a team
• Ability to use initiative and work with minimum of supervision
• Resilience to cope with change and be flexible
• Uses judgement appropriately to make realistic agreements with tenants, tailored to their specific circumstances
• Competent in prioritising tasks and making decisions to ensure cost effectiveness
• Ability to work within agreed targets and towards specified objectives
• Able to undertake training and keep skills and knowledge up to date
• Current clean driving licence and access to a car for business purposes
• Willing to travel to carry out duties and to other Fyne Homes offices and venues as required
• Recognised qualification in Housing or related subject
• Experience in social housing environment
• Good knowledge of the social housing sector of housing practice & procedures, Scottish Housing Law and conversant with the SSHC and SHR Framework
• Flexible, and able to conduct some work outside office hours if required
Adaptation to Change
For more information and details on how to apply call us on 0345 607 7117 for an application pack or click here to download.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Fyne Homes believes in promoting equality and diversity and is a member of the Living Wage Foundation. Registered Scottish Charity number SC0009152
Closing Date: Noon Monday 29th April 2019
Interview Dates: Thursday 9th May 2019