Tenant Participation and Communication Co-ordinator
Edinburgh Area | Viewpoint Housing Association Ltd
26th July 2019, at
Salary and Employment Details
DEPARTMENT: People and Place
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Housing
RESPONSIBLE FOR: None
Viewpoint is an organisation driven by its values and what we can do to make the lives of our people better and more joyful. With external support, we have recently undertaken a fundamental review our approach to tenant participation and have created this new post to help us achieve our ambition to deliver the best possible services to our tenants which will allow them to live independently and with dignity for as long as possible.
We are now seeking a highly motivated Tenant Participation and Communication Co-ordinator to drive forward delivery of our new Tenant Participation Strategy. You must put our customers at the heart of everything, take personal pride and responsibility for delivering great outcomes for our customers and our business. If you have the desire and drive to achieve creative solutions then this role is for you. You will be based at our Head Office in the Grange area of Edinburgh.
Profile of the role
Reporting to the Head of Housing you will directly contribute to the ongoing development and promotion of Tenant Participation and Engagement within the association.
You will work across departments to ensure that the Association’s tenants and other customers are involved in and consulted about the services which the organisation provides and the performance of the organisation. You will have responsibility for coordinating and facilitating participation.
You will contribute to the delivery of Viewpoint’s Tenant Participation Strategy by ensuring conformance to regulatory requirements, adherence to Viewpoints policies and procedures, compliance with good practice and delivery of the desired outcomes for Viewpoint and our tenants.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- Administration - to design and conduct tenant consultations and tenant scrutiny activity, prepare content for articles and publication materials, prepare survey content and layout, prepare and conduct focus groups, collate feedback information and prepare reports as required.
- Collaboration - to work together with all teams within the organisation to produce a topical and informative tenants’ newsletter and other publications, to produce content for online platforms and to liaise with other teams to enable an accurate response to customer comments and enquiries via social media.
- Compliance and accountability - to have awareness of all policies and procedures relating to the post, and to have responsibility to monitor tasks, targets and performance standards.
- Information and Advice - to provide appropriate advice to customers and colleagues when required to ensure that information provided in any communication with customers is up to date and accurate.
- Partnership working - to attend meetings, events, seminars, conferences as required, and work with other agencies and companies as appropriate, this may involve working outwith normal hours.
- Queries - to monitor incoming customer enquiries via the website, email and social media platforms, and ensure that all customer queries are passed to the relevant staff member to respond to, using the appropriate procedures.
- Record keeping - to make appropriate use of IT systems and databases in order to record information accurately. To ensure that the association can demonstrate all customer engagement activity
- Training - to be available to attend appropriate training as required. To develop and deliver training in tenant participation to Viewpoint staff. To provide training to tenants and tenant groups to facilitate participation.
- Working Environment - to deliver the serve and represent the association across a range of working environments and locations, and attend weekend and evening meetings and events as required to achieve the objectives of the post
- To carry out all duties of this post in accordance with relevant association policies and procedures.
Accountability, Responsibility and Decision Making
Responsible for: -
- Planning and designing the content and delivery of customer consultations and collate and respond to feedback as appropriate.
- Coordinate tenant scrutiny activity, including the provision of appropriate levels of support that tenants require in order to complete scrutiny exercises
- Coordinate all communication through website and social media, ensuring it is appropriate and professional and sticks to guidelines set by the Association
- Coordinate the layout and content of publications and information leaflets.
- Analyse data in order to produce an activity report for Head of Housing relating to Tenant Participation
- Collate, analyse and report on information obtained from customers and other sources in order to provide reports as required
- Monitor performance in relation to personal and team targets
- Contribute to the process of continually reviewing policies and where necessary make recommendations for change
- Assist in the development of procedural notes in line with these policies
- Contribute to the development of engagement opportunities for new and existing developments
- Attend tenant meetings to support Housing and Assets as appropriate
- Actively support housing and Assets staff to enable them to ensure opportunities to participate are promoted within developments and participation is maximised.
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective systems and process that enable the accurate recording and reporting of tenant participation and resident, involvement activities.
Communication and Relationships - External and Internal
Responsible for: -
- Liaising with Local Authority Housing and other statutory agencies
- Attend and develop relationships with umbrella organisations such as SFHA, CIH, SHN, TPAS and TIS and ensure that changes to legislation and good practice is highlighted within the association
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an activities programme and assist with: maximising funding opportunities: making funding applications solely and in partnership with others: and managing the delivery of programs
Attend relevant meetings out of office hours as required.
Hold and maintain a full Driving Licence and have access to a car for business use
- Undertake ongoing training and professional development, as necessary, to maintain high standards in the quality of work
- Undertake any other duties within the scope of this job description, at your normal place of work or at any other of Viewpoint’s establishments.
- Comply with the Association’s Health and Safety policies and report any unsafe conditions and practices to the appropriate person
- Assist the Head of Housing to examine existing systems/ work practices with a view to continuous improvement.
- Be aware of and implement housing legislation and good practice.
If you are successful you will be required to join the PVG Scheme
For a comprehensive list of the essential and desirable criteria required for the post, please refer to the Job Specification in the Job Information pack. If you want further information on the role or the organisation please contact Neil McKnight Head of Housing on 0131 668 4247