Glasgow | Calvay Housing Association
25th October 2019, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Calvay Housing Association Ltd is a community controlled housing association operating in the Barlanark neighbourhood, which is located in the East End of Glasgow. The Association was established in 1985 to improve the housing conditions of local residents. Since then, the Association has refurbished in excess of 350 homes and has completed several phases of new build. We currently rent 825 properties and factor 105.
The Association has identified gaps in the Management Committee through the Committee Appraisal process. The Committee recognise they require new members with particular skills and attributes to enhance the capability of the Committee to lead, manage and direct the Association. The Association is particularly looking to attract applicants with experience and skills in at least one of the following areas:
• Financial Planning and Control
• Development & Regeneration and
• Governance including the Role of the Scottish Housing Regulator
Although these roles are non-remunerated, reasonable expenses will be reimbursed and the Association will provide training at no cost.
General Description of the Role
The Governing Body provides leadership and strategic direction to Calvay so that the best outcomes are achieved for its tenants and other service users. It determines Calvay’s strategic attitude to risk and ensures the maintenance of a sound system of internal control and risk management.
Committee members are collectively responsible for the overall governance of Calvay. They share and accept responsibility for decisions made by the Management Committee and are equally responsible for those decisions.
Each Committee member is required to:
• work in good faith to ensure that Calvay acts consistently with its purpose;
• act with the care that it is reasonable to expect of someone who is managing another person’s business;
• act only in the interests of Calvay and its stakeholders and avoid circumstances which could give rise to a conflict of interest; and
• participate in the Management Committee annual appraisal process.
The application process is as follows:
• Closing date and time 12.00PM on Friday 25th October . Potential applicants are encouraged to contact Calvay for an informal discussion about the role of Committee Member
• Week commencing Monday 4th November informal interview with Director and Chair of Calvay HA
• 14th November 2019 attend Committee Meeting as an observer
• 12th December 2019 Committee decides whether to make co-option
• 23rd January 2020 successful applicants attend first Committee meeting
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Registered Scottish Charity No. SC039234