Property Services Manager
Faifley, Clydebank | Knowes Housing Association Ltd
£43,577 - £45,723
31st January 2020, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
£43,577 - £45,723, subject to pay award in April (EVH Grade SM1 to SM3) Flexible working hours, company pension scheme, healthcare scheme, 25 days annual leave and 15 days public holidays
Knowes Housing Association is a successful and high performing organisation with an annual turnover of over £4.5m. We own and manage over 1,000 homes in the Faifley and Duntocher areas of Clydebank. We also provide factoring services to 600 homeowners.
We are looking for an experienced individual to take a lead role in the Association’s property management function. Reporting to the Director you will assist in delivering our asset management strategy and service delivery including all procurement, performance management and delivery of the Association’s cyclical & planned programmes and responsive repairs service. We currently also provide property management services to a local Housing Association and the provision of this service is part of this role.
You will have experience in delivering property maintenance and repairs programmes, have excellent leadership skills and knowledge of the legislation relating to repairs, planned and cyclical maintenance, gas safety, contract procurement and health and safety. You will also have excellent organisational skills, technical knowledge and IT skills.
You will be qualified to Degree or equivalent professional qualification level. Post subject to Disclosure Scotland check,
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
The Property Services Manager is responsible the delivery of the Association’s asset management strategy. This includes service delivery of our Reactive, Cyclical and Planned Maintenance programmes including procurement and performance management. The post holder is also responsible for preparation and monitoring of the department’s budgets, and reporting to Committee thereon. Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service and meeting all statutory and regulatory requirements are essential aspects of this post.
At this time Knowes is also providing Asset Management Services to Dalmuir Park Housing Association, this involves the procurement and delivery of the investment programme.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES - General
1. Manage the Repairs and Maintenance team.
2. Ensure the Association meets its corporate objectives in relation to the repair and maintenance of its properties in the most appropriate and cost effective method.
3. Responsible for the preparation and implementation of the Risk Management Plan in relation to the repairs and maintenance function.
4. Effective monitoring and achievement of organisational and department performance targets and objectives.
5. Procurement of all maintenance contracts in accordance with all procurement legislation, in such a way as to maximise value to the Association, and provide advice to other departments on procurement of services.
6. Ensure the Association complies with relevant Health and Safety legislation, CDM regulations, Asbestos management, legionella, gas and electrical legislation and any other legislation relating to the maintenance of the Association’s properties.
7. Ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the Association’s policy and within appropriate legislative and regulatory framework.
8. Devise and implement a plan in relation to Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing and monitor and report on progress. (EESSH 1 and EESSH 2)
9. Preparation monitoring and control of budgets including accurate reporting to Management Team/Committee.
10. Maintain and update the Association’s list of approved contractors through the Association’s assessment criteria.
11. Monitoring and reporting on contractor’s performance.
12. Ensure compliance with Scottish Housing Regulator’s standards and preparation of ARC return for property management function.
13. Ensure appropriate quality management systems are in place.
14. Review and update policies within required timeframe to ensure compliance with all legislation and good practice.
15. Maintain the Association’s Asset Management System
16. Maintain the Associations Life Cycle Programme and organise periodic stock surveys.
17. Preparation of Annual Programmes of work for approval and implementation.
DAY TO DAY REPAIRS AND VOIDS
18. Ensure the Association’s targets are achieved.
19. Ensure empty houses are inspected, repaired and ready for re-let within the Association’s targets.
20. Ensure contractors meet the Association’s performance standards in terms of speed of response and quality.
21. Assist in the development of our IT systems.
22. Ensure all gas heating systems are maintained in accordance with current legislation.
23. Ensure gas heating repairs are carried out within the Association’s response times and to ensure contractors meet the Association’s performance standards in terms of speed of response and quality.
24. Implement continuous improvement plans through regular monitoring of customer satisfaction.
25. Preparing briefs, detailed specifications, tender documents, coordinating and controlling professional consultants and contractors on all aspects of contract work including fee negotiation.
26. Acting as supervising officer on all contracts where a consultant is not appointed.
27. Oversee the association’s landscape maintenance ensuring value for money.
28. Report to the Senior Management Team and committee regarding performance in relation to compliance against KPI’s.
29. Put in place surveys of land owned by the Association to control risk.
30. Assist with preparation of annual budgets, monitoring of budgets and preparation of accurate reports for committee and senior management team.
31. Delegate duties as required to repairs and maintenance team.
32. Attend meetings and tenant groups.
33. Consult with residents.
34. Any other duties specified by the Director which would be considered reasonable for a senior staff member to undertake.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to work for an organisation that strives for continuous improvement, Application packs available at www.knowes.org. Completed applications must be returned by 12 noon on 31st January 2020 by email only to email@example.com Interviews will be held W/C 24th February.
Knowes Housing Association Limited is a charitable organisation registered under Scottish Charity No SC027466