Clydebank | Knowes Housing Association Ltd
£33,375 - £36,648
29th January 2021, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Repairs Officer, Faifley, Clydebank
35 hours per week Monday to Friday
£33,375 - £36,648, (EVH Grade 7)
Flexible working hours, company pension scheme, healthcare scheme, 25 days annual leave and 15 days public holidays
ROLE OF TEAM
The Property Services Team consists of a Property Services Manager, Repairs Officer, Repairs Assistant, a full time and a part time Maintenance Officer and a Property Services Assistant. The team is responsible for delivering the repairs and maintenance function for the Association. This involves receiving, ordering and inspecting repairs, procuring maintenance contracts and managing them to a conclusion, processing invoices, contractor appointment and liaison, and effective communication with our customers. The team deal with all insurance claims, adaptations, gas maintenance, and compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES – General
1. Provide effective and efficient services to external and internal customers.
2. Effective monitoring and achievement of performance targets and objectives, including running reports on contractor performance and budget spend.
3. Monitor the quality of reactive repairs and gas maintenance contracts.
4. Supervise Repairs Assistant and work with Maintenance Officers to provide efficient effective repairs and maintenance services.
5. Ensure the efficiency of the service by participating in all aspects of the day to day office duties i.e. answering telephone calls, emails, raising job orders, reception duties and responding to customers.
6. Coordinate insurance claims for property and liability claims for the Association.
7. Contribute to the review of policies as required to ensure compliance with all legislation and good practice.
8. Work as part of the Property Services Team contributing to the review of service delivery and making the necessary improvements to the process and practices.
9. Work with Property Services Manager to prepare monthly reports for Committee and Management Team.
DAY TO DAY REPAIRS AND VOIDS
10. Ensure the Repairs KPI targets are achieved.
11. Deal with tenant and owner correspondence regarding repairs and maintenance.
12. Ensure contractors meet the Association’s performance standards in terms of speed of response.
13. Raise rechargeable repairs in accordance with the Association’s policy and procedure.
14. Follow up repair enquiries ensuring all repairs are recorded, coded and processed according to the repairs policy and procedures.
15. Check and process contractor’s invoices.
16. Run weekly outstanding works order reports and follow up.
17. Selecting and processing pre and post inspections.
18. Contribute to the preparation of annual budgets.
19. Oversee the gas servicing and maintenance functions.
20. Ensure compliance with Asbestos regulations in respect of the repairs function of the Association.
21. Advise Property Services Manager on any areas of repairs that have the potential for major works.
22. Be aware of CDM responsibilities.
23. Provide information for the ARC.
24. Participate in corporate activities and operational working groups as required by the Association.
25. Set up files and ensure Mortgage to Rent work is instructed within the timescales and ensure repair requirements are complete and information is updated in the MTR spreadsheet and information passed to finance.
26. Oversee void processing.
27. Identify areas of improvement and lead on the introduction of new technologies and systems to ensure the efficiency of the service.
Application form must be completed in full, please visit www.knowes.org for all documents.
Knowes Housing Association is a successful and high performing organisation with an annual turnover of over £4.5m. We own and manage over 1,000 homes in the Faifley and Duntocher areas of Clydebank. We also provide factoring services to 600 homeowners.
We are looking for an experienced individual to take a lead role in the Association’s repairs function. Reporting to the Property Services Manager you will ensure that Knowes provide an effective day to day repairs, gas maintenance and void property repairs service to our tenants and factored owners.
You will have experience in delivering property repairs services, have excellent communication skills and demonstrate the highest customer service standards in a customer facing position within a property repairs environment.
You will be qualified to HND or equivalent level, we will also take previous experience into consideration. Post subject to Disclosure Scotland check.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to work for an organisation that strives for continuous improvement, visit www.knowes.org for an application pack. Should you wish an informal chat regarding the post, please contact Joe Wilson on 01389 877752
Completed applications must be returned by 12 noon on 29th January 2021 by email only to email@example.com Interviews will be held W/C 8th February 2021.
Knowes Housing Association Limited is a charitable organisation
registered under Scottish Charity No SC027466