Near Me in Housing Project Lead
Glasgow | Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
£35,000 - £35,000
28th June 2021, at 12 Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Responsible to: Innovation and Future Thinking Manager
Type of Position: 12 month FTC (Secondment opportunities will be considered)
Annual Leave: 29 Days & 10 Public Holidays (Pro rata for part-time posts)
Location: Glasgow centred but can be home based and will require travel around Scotland when restrictions allow
Context of the Role
SFHA is the voice and membership body for housing associations and co-operatives in Scotland. Our ambition is that everyone has a good home in a successful community, with a range of high quality, affordable, safe and accessible homes that meet people’s changing needs and aspirations throughout their lives.
The Social Housing sector has been working to increase digital inclusion and participation in recent years, and the pandemic has only increased the desire and regulatory requirement for alternative methods of engaging with residents and carrying out essential services such as repairs and estate management tasks. Some smaller organisations have found it especially difficult to consider digital alternatives to traditional in person appointments - therefore the opportunity to adopt something that is already tried and tested is very appealing, and SFHA have secured funding for a post to support the housing sector to roll out Near Me.
The post of Near Me in Housing Project Lead for the Near Me Video Calling services has been funded by the Scottish Government for an initial period of 12 months.
The post holder will support the development and rollout of video calling services across the housing sector, for both SFHA members and Local Authorities.
Reporting to SFHA Innovation and Future Thinking Manager, the postholder will work flexibly with colleagues within SFHA, SFHA member associations, Local Authorities and the Scottish Government Near Me team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management and Support
- To develop and manage a programme of activity to extend the use of Near Me video consulting across the housing sector.
- The development and update of project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs and other project documentation as required.
- Responsible for providing a comprehensive first point of contact service to all SFHA members, Local Authority and other stakeholders
Near Me Administration
- Administer the SFHA area of the Near Me platform. This will include:
- Creation and management of waiting areas
- Creation and management of user accounts
- Generating usage reports
- Provide initial onboarding, ad-hoc training and ongoing support to system users
Reporting and Monitoring
- Creating usage and uptake reports
- Analysing data to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Assisting in the ongoing evaluation of the service
Promotion of the Programme and SFHA
- Promoting the programme both virtually and when appropriate in person, through webinars, events and meetings
- Developing new, and customising existing, promotional and training materials for the housing sector
- Developing content for the SFHA and Near Me web sites and social media platforms.
- Identify opportunities for promoting, networking, knowledge exchange, learning
- Contribute content as required within our digital communications and hard copy publications
- Knowledge and experience in housing/community/health and social care
- Ability to learn new and support others using IT systems (please note previous experience of video calling is not required)
- Proven ability to develop, monitor, review and implement processes and procedures
- Experience of setting up management information and reporting systems
- Proven track record of achieving individual objectives and contributing to overall team performance
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent networking skills and an ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to gather, understand, analyse and interpret data and information
- Proven track record of effectively presenting information and facilitating engagement
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience of providing advice, training and support
- Ability to use MS Office Packages, 365 environment, CRM systems
- Degree level qualification in a related discipline or equivalent
- Formal project management or improvement qualification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of housing associations – how they operate, how they are constituted and the issues they face
- Understanding of the political environment and the workings of the Scottish Government and Scottish Parliament
Closing date: Monday 28 June 2021
Please email a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role outlined in the job description to email@example.com.
Interviews anticipated on Friday 2 July 2021.