Glasgow & West Region | Calvay Housing Association
0 - 0
5th November 2021, at
Salary and Employment Details
Voluntary Committee Member
Have you thought about becoming a Committee Member?
Closing date Friday 5th November 2021.
We want to be at the heart of our community and have its needs at the heart of all that we do.
Calvay Housing Association (CHA) is based in Barlanark, part of Greater Easterhouse. Calvay is a member of Easterhouse Housing Regeneration Alliance (EHRA).
We are a medium sized housing association with 825 properties in management. We have a mixture of property types; the original stock acquired from GCC in the 80s, new-build properties and ‘second stage’ transfer properties. We will be developing another 43 high-quality homes for social rent with a planned site start date later in 2021. We also provide factoring services to 105 owners and lease one commercial unit which is used as a local shop.
Calvay HA is based at the Calvay Centre which is also offers office space to the Quarriers charity. The Centre has an IT suite, is home to Calvay Community Café, and has a hall which is rented out for a variety of activities.
Some of the benefits you can expect from serving on our Management Committee include:
• Develop a new sense of purpose
• Open your career paths with new skills and knowledge
• Get personal satisfaction from giving something back to the community
• Make a real difference to improve the quality of life for the Barlanark community
• Build a sense of achievement and improve your confidence and self esteem
• Have your views heard in a mutually supportive environment
• Play a crucial role in taking forward the work of CHA
• Access to training and personal development
We are looking to strengthen our committee and would particularly like to hear from people who have professional level skills or experience in property asset management including development.
Please download our application pack to find out more: https://bit.ly/calvaycommittee