Housing Officer – Part Time
Cumbernauld | Sanctuary Group
£15,769 - £16,599
21st October 2021, at Midnight
Salary and Employment Details
Housing Officer – Part Time
Cumbernauld – covering Scotland Central (Cumbernauld)
£15,769 – £16,599 per year
18.75 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housing Officer to join our team covering properties in the Cumbernauld and area. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for carrying out all Housing Management functions for a patch of around 200 properties which includes general needs and retirement living properties. This role will be a mixture of office work, home visits and estate inspections, and you will be expected to lone work along with working within a small team of 13.
The role of Housing Officer will include:
- Delivering a high-quality housing management service that meet our current and future resident needs
- Developing, building, and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants, partners and key stakeholders of the business
- Effectively manage all anti-social behaviour, arrears, voids, and allocations cases in line with the prescribed policies and practices to build community cohesion
- Identifying shortfalls in service delivery and putting plans of resolution into place
- Managing the recruitment, performance, and development of staff to ensure business needs are met
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements for all housing management activities
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of undertaking a similar role
- Knowledge of relevant housing regulations and legislation
- Proven experience of delivery high quality tenancy services
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to implement solutions
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages is essential and experience using housing management software would be advantageous
- SVQ3 in relevant area or equivalent qualification
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association is one of the country’s largest social landlords. We provide around 8,000 quality affordable homes for rent and sale to those least able to compete in other sectors of the housing market.
We strive to ensure our investments provide sustainable benefits to the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit organisation any surpluses we achieve are reinvested in our homes and neighbourhoods. Our Investors in People accreditation shows Sanctuary Scotland’s commitment to being the best employer we can.
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, where your wellbeing is of genuine importance, we have developed an attractive employment package. The package recognises your contribution, supports your physical, mental and financial health and gives you the flexibility to tailor your employee benefits by offering:
- 25 days annual leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Life Assurance
- Employee Advice Service including counselling
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Voluntary health plans
- Employee discounts
- Wellbeing support and tools
- Employee recognition scheme
- £15,769 per annum (rising to £16,599 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
The full-time equivalent salary for this role is £31,539 based on 37.5 hours per week rising to £33,199 after 12 months service and subject to satisfactory performance.
Closing Date: 21 October 2021
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’