Board Member (Kirkgate Developments Limited)
| Grampian Housing Association Ltd
31st May 2022, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Are you passionate about delivering excellent customer service and supporting our communities.
Grampian Housing Association (charity no. SC042023) has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and caring person to join the Board of one of its subsidiaries - Kirkgate Developments Limited - and help make a positive difference to communities in the North East of Scotland.
Kirkgate Developments Limited (KDL) extends the range of housing options available to customers in the North East of Scotland, including homes for mid-market and market rent. It is an exciting and challenging time at KDL and we are looking for new Board members with the drive and ambition to help us achieve our strategic aims.
Who we’re looking for…
We are interested in recruiting candidates from diverse backgrounds to support greater innovation, and higher satisfaction from our tenants and employees alike. We are particularly interested in seeing more of our customers, female members or those with insight into disability joining.
You will be able to prepare for and attend quarterly Board meetings and an annual away day. Experience in the following is also useful, but not essential:
- An appreciation of, or insight into, the challenges related to housing and other social issues;
- People management or development;
- Housing maintenance or trades;
- An understanding of basic governance and law;
- An ability to create relationships with stakeholders from various backgrounds;
- An understanding of financial reporting.
But remember, the most important thing is your enthusiasm, commitment and desire to contribute as we can provide coaching, support and training.
Why join our Board?
As a Board member you will:
- Have the opportunity to contribute to and sustain KDL's growth;
- Gain valuable leadership experience that can support your future career;
- Receive training and skills development to support you in your new role.
For more information on the role of a company Board member, please visit www.gov.uk/guidance/being-a-company-director
Interested? Want to find out more?
To find out more about the role, or to apply please email Edward Fitsell - email@example.com