Head of Property Services
Paisley | Williamsburgh Housing Association Ltd
£57,729 - £66,430
22nd August 2022, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Head of Property Services
£57,729 - £66,430 W.H.A. (Grade 7)
35 Hours Per Week (Flexi time)
Hybrid home-working available
SHAPS DC Pension Scheme
Since its formation in 1979, Williamsburgh Housing Association has built an excellent reputation in the housing sector and has driven positive change in Renfrewshire through housing led regeneration and service provision.
Our asset base consists of 1,621 properties for rent and our office based in Paisley. Our stock has grown incrementally over the years and is a mixture of new build development properties and fully refurbished flatted accommodation in tenement buildings across Renfrewshire. We also provide factoring services to 569 privately owned properties within our tenements through our subsidiary company Williamsburgh Property Services Ltd. Our assets have benefited from significant investment and we are proud that they provide high quality accommodation for our customers.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to lead our high performing Property Services Team.
The successful candidate will be performance driven, an excellent communicator and a champion of excellent customer service. You will be effective in both strategic and operational management, drive positive change and embrace innovation. A relevant qualification and experience in a senior position is essential to this role.
- Leadership and direction for the Property Services and the small Customer Service (contact) Team.
- Member of the Senior Management Team supporting the delivery of W.H.A.’s vision, values, business plan and objectives.
- Ensure effective management and delivery of an excellent reactive, planned and cyclical repairs and maintenance service to fully comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and meet customer’s needs.
- Responsible for the asset management strategy, developing Net Zero investment plans, stock database, investment plans, budgetary control related to all aspects of property and asset expenditure.
- Ensure continuing compliance with the SHQS, EESSH, public procurement and Health and Safety obligations.
- Promote and support staff development and digital working practices to provide value for money and encourage innovation in all aspects of property and customer services.
- Manage key internal and external relationships on all matters relating to property.
- Ensure delivery of an excellent customer contact service function.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday, 22nd August 2022.
Provisional Interview date: Week commencing Monday, 5th September 2022.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
A Recruitment Pack can be downloaded by clicking on the link here.
Please email completed applications (word format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.