East Lothian | Homes for Life Housing Partnership Limited
15th December 2023, at Noon
Salary and Employment Details
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to people’s lives and communities?
Would you like to play a part in shaping the future of social housing in East Lothian? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individuals to join the new Homes for Life where you will assist in shaping the future for our tenants, other residents and stakeholders as a Member of our Board of Directors.
We are an established locally run organisation with an ambitious agenda to deliver good quality homes and excellent services. We currently own and manage 305 homes across East Lothian.
We have a dedicated Board who set the strategic direction and oversee the operation of our services. We are regulated by the Scottish Housing Regulator and are a Scottish Charity.
We have agreed our strategic priorities for the coming 3 years, with a focus on investment and growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a part in the leadership and governance of Homes for Life as we take forward our plans for the future.
We encourage diversity of thought and experience on our board and are keen to hear from people from a range of backgrounds and experiences who share our values and want to make a difference.
At this time, we are particularly, though not exclusively, interested to hear from individuals with a finance management background at a senior level, ideally in the Social Housing sector.
About you; you will have
- Knowledge or experience of the social housing sector
- The skills and experience to help lead a changing organisation
- Proven ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and challenge constructively through the application of your knowledge and experience
- Integrity and independent judgement alongside a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
What you can expect from us
- You will receive a board member induction
- Training tailored to your professional and personal development needs
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector at a strategic level
- Being part of an organisation with an ambitious agenda, with a local investment for social change
- Unpaid Voluntary Role with expenses paid for HfL board business
- Attendance in person at bi-monthly board meetings and training as required
More info and how to apply
For an informal chat, please contact our Chief Executive Officer, Gill Binnie on 01620 829300
Homes for Life Housing Partnership
57 Market Street
Closing date: 15/12/2023