Voluntary Management Committee Members
Glasgow | Southside Housing Association
15th March 2024, at
Salary and Employment Details
This is a voluntary position and attendance at Management Committee meetings is expected in person on a monthly basis. Members are also required to join a Sub-Committee, which will meet quarterly.
Southside Housing Association has an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join the Association’s Management Committee where you will assist in shaping the future for our tenants, other residents, and stakeholders.
We are a long established, locally run organisation delivering high quality, affordable homes and a wide range of other services. We currently own and manage approximately 2300 homes for social rent across the south side of Glasgow. Our wholly owned subsidiary Southside Factoring and Related Services (SFARS) also manages 225 Mid-Market Rent homes, and currently provides a property factoring service to around 1000 homeowners and commercial enterprises.
We have a dedicated Management Committee who set the strategic direction and oversee the operation of our services. We are regulated by the Scottish Housing Regulator and are registered as a Scottish Charity.
We encourage diversity of experience on our board and are keen to hear from people with a range of backgrounds and experiences who share our vision and values, and want to make a difference. While we are keen to attract members from our local community, it is important to attract people who can be objective, accountable and demonstrate leadership and integrity while committing to the values of the Association in a governance capacity. All Committee Members will adhere to a Code of Conduct for Governing Body Members.
At this particular time we are interested to hear from any interested individuals with a broad range of skills, but particularly those with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Strategic Asset Management
You will have:
- Knowledge or experience of the social housing sector
- Skills and experience to help lead a changing organisation
- Proven ability to work at a strategic level, think creatively and challenge constructively
- Strong communication skills
- Integrity and a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance
What you can expect from Southside H.A.:
-A full programme of induction to the Management Committee
-Training tailored to your professional and personal development needs
-Opportunity to work as part of a team making decisions and governing the interests of the Association.
Please visit our website for more information at https://southside-ha.org
To apply or discuss the role, please contact our Corporate Services Manager, Aileen Radford, on 0141 433 4058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply by completing the online application https://southside-ha.org/join-the-management-committee/
- Meet with Corporate Services Manager, CEO and a Committee Member.
- If still interested, you will be invited to observe a Management Committee Meeting.
- Selection to be approved by Management Committee
Closing Date: 15th March 2024