Director of Operations
Dumfries & Galloway | Loreburn Housing Association
£71,058 - £83,003
19th March 2024, at 09:00am
Salary and Employment Details
Employment Type: Full time, permanent
Location: Dumfries & Galloway (Primarily home based with frequent regional travel).
Salary range: £71,058 - £83,003 + Car Allowance (£922 per annum, paid monthly) + competitive benefits package
Hours: 35 hours each week, with a general working pattern of Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Are you an experienced leader with a passion for making a positive impact in the social housing sector?
We’re seeking to appoint to this newly created Director role, offering a unique opportunity to lead our vision to ‘Create Great Places to Live’ across Dumfries and Galloway.
Working alongside a welcoming and supportive leadership team, you’ll lead our mission to create and sustain GREAT homes and communities across southwest Scotland.
As Director of Operations, you’ll have strategic responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Association’s operational functions, including:
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to achieve organisational goals and the delivery of a range of high-quality housing and tenant services. This includes housing management services, asset management, investment, building safety compliance, property maintenance, including our inhouse repairs service, and specialist/ supported housing services.
- Driving a culture of exceptional service, continuous improvement and employee development.
- Driving collaboration with cross-functional teams to enhance operational efficiency, tenant satisfaction, communication, and synergy.
- Staying abreast of sector regulations, trends, and best practice to inform strategic decision-making.
What’s really important is that you will have a strong personal commitment to excellent service delivery. We, like many, have slowed down our development programme, however we are looking to deliver a strong investment plan for our existing stock and this role will be instrumental in ensuring its effective delivery.
It’s a challenging yet hugely rewarding role where you’ll grow our performance culture, encourage collaboration and innovation to deliver the best outcomes for our tenants and communities.
The right person is likely to have significant experience in the sector and will certainly be someone with a passion for driving operational excellence. We’re looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong leadership skills to inspire teams to achieve high levels of performance
- Degree level education in a relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- Asset, compliance and investment experience
- Knowledge and understanding of housing operations
- Strong housing sector experience
- Proven assertive project management abilities
- Strong resilience and organisational abilities
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance standards.
We value potential and a commitment to learning and encourage applicants who may not possess every requirement to find out more.
- Competitive pay and rewards
- Matched pension contributions up to 8% and life cover of 3 x salary
- Salary sacrifice options for pension contributions
- Generous sickness benefit
- 40 days holiday which includes 12 fixed days including a Christmas closure
- Westfield Health Plan – contributions towards a range of services including dental, optical, therapy treatment, counselling and wellbeing services
- Employee discounts including cashback and high street retail and gym discounts
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working and a Hub, Home and Roam working model giving freedom to work within our Being You principles
- Funded flu vaccine
- Early Finish Friday
- Support for continuous professional development and protected learning time
- Strong values-based culture offering autonomy and empowerment.
For candidates who are interested in learning more about us we are looking to offer a relaxed and informal opportunity for prospective candidates to learn more about Loreburn, the role, and our organisational culture. Meet and greet direct reports and strategic leaders – just some of the team who contribute to making Loreburn a great place to work. And of course, check out if we’re right for you and your career. This will take place on 12th March, 2024 in Dumfries.
If you’d like a Recruitment Pack, or to discuss the opportunity confidentially and to find out more about our meet and greet, please contact our appointed recruitment contact, David Bond: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 07801 490678.
To apply, CV’s and a covering lettering should be submitted to email@example.com
The closing date for applications for this post is 9am on 19th March, 2024