Development/Pre-Contract Operations Manager
Glasgow Based | McTaggart Construction Limited
28th April 2017, at 5pm
Salary and Employment Details
Excellent remuneration package including an Attractive Salary, Car Allowance, Pension and Healthcare is on offer.
McTaggart Construction is a leading construction company operating in the Affordable Housing, Commercial, Industrial and Private Housing sectors. Due to our continued success and expanding workload, we are looking to recruit a Pre-Contract Operations Manager for our Development Team.
The candidate should ideally have proven technical experience in project delivery gained in a housing background. Familiarity with the requirements of Housing Association/RSLs and their grant funding would be beneficial.
Purpose of Role:
The Pre-Contract Operations Manager will be responsible for managing projects on a day to day basis taking them through all pre-construction design and statutory approvals stages and ensuring delivery in line with the programme. The main purpose of the role is to ensure effective management of McTaggart’s pre-construction projects at Development stage to ensure a smooth handover to the Construction Team, prior to site start.
- Lead on projects including design management including ensuring designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives
- Management of design team consultants including helping to manage our interface with the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contractor design
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams
- Managing the design submission requirements to client representatives, design team and third parties such as Planning and Building Control
- Carry out tasks completely and professionally within determined timescales and financial budgets
- Ensure projects are fully compliant with Employer’s Requirements, meet current building regulations and conditions of Clients’ grant funding requirements such as compliance with Housing for Varying Needs
- Assist with quality aspects of tenders
- Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards
- Carry out duties appropriate to the post
Experience in a similar or related role
High level of interpersonal skills and a professional attitude to work
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organisational skills
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
A proven understanding of the construction process though design development and statutory approvals stages
Experience of planning, organising and prioritising own workload
Understanding and knowledge of current Technical Standards and CDM Regulations
A clean driving licence is essential for this role.
Application by C.V. and covering letter to Anna Cameron, Group Human Resources Manager.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.