Temporary Factoring Assistant
Motherwell | Clyde Valley Property Services
£24,845 - £27,162
8th July 2020, at 9am
Salary and Employment Details
Temporary Factoring Assistant
£24,845 - £27,162 (EVH, Grade 5), 35 hour week
Based in Motherwell, Lanarkshire.
We’re offering a new and exciting opportunity for someone to join our factoring team and help us grow and advance our service.
Clyde Valley Property Services (CVPS) is an established and ambitious property management and development business based in Motherwell, Lanarkshire. CVPS delivers and manages new homes for mid-market rent and market sale, provides a factoring service for over 3300 customers and is a registered Scottish Private Lettings Agent owning and managing a further 140 homes.
CVPS is the wholly owned subsidiary of Registered Social Landlord Clyde Valley Housing Association. Together Clyde Valley Group serves around 7500 customers across Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire and employs around 65 people.
To carry out a range of administrative tasks to contribute to the provision of a customer focussed and efficient factoring service.
• Ensure provision of a first class customer experience by focusing on providing solutions for factoring customers
• Support the Factoring Coordinator in delivering a range of factoring-related services to customers
• Act as the first point of contact for customers regarding factoring issues by assisting with telephone and email enquires relating to invoice queries, common repairs, estate issues and any other factoring enquiry
• Assist in producing quarterly invoices for customers, ensuring that they are issued on time and with the correct charges to each customer. Answer invoice queries and process customers’ payments
• Maximise factoring income by assisting the Factoring Coordinator with debt recovery procedures including monitoring payment arrangements, issuing arrears correspondence and making outbound calls regarding missed payments
• Assist with tracing customers including downloading title deeds and checking customers’ information is correct on all records including the IT system
• Deal with customers’ reports of estate management problems and liaise with relevant departments to ensure all issues are dealt with in a timely manner
• Liaise with the Maintenance Department regarding common repair issues, major works projects and landscaping issues.
• Carry out visits to customers when required including assisting with estate management inspections
• Liaise with solicitors regarding changes of ownership including preparation of final invoice to seller of property and issuing all required paperwork to new customer purchasing property. Ensure that all changes are recorded accurately on the IT system.
• Deal with shared equity enquiries from customers when required
• Assist Factoring Coordinator by attending occasional evening meetings with customers when required and taking minutes
• Assist with the collation of statistics for monthly reports.
• Collation of information for newsletters and the website
• Carry out any other relevant duty as required by your Line Manager in line with nature and grade of this post.
In order to apply please visit our website and download the Recruitment Information pack, Job Description & Declaration & Equality form and then send us:
• A comprehensive up-to-date CV which shows your full career history;
• A supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role and how you match the person specification;
• Details of two referees (referees will only be contacted with your permission at offer stage) and current remuneration;
• The declaration form – but completion of the equalities section is not mandatory, this is requested for monitoring purposes in line with our commitment to equality and diversity; and
Please note that applications can only be considered if all the documentation is complete.
Please send your application, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 8th July 2020 @ 9am.