SFHA partners with Common Purpose to support Routes to Housing campaign
Common Purpose is offering SFHA members preferential rates on its leadership programmes.
SFHA is working with global leadership development organisation Common Purpose as part of its Routes to Housing campaign which aims to promote the social housing sector as a career of choice.
SFHA associate member Common Purpose designs and delivers award-winning programmes for leaders who need to operate successfully across social and cultural boundaries, enabling them to solve complex problems, both at work and in society.
During the course of a programme, participants will unpick the essential aspects of cross-boundary leadership by exploring them through the eyes of others.
Modules include personal agility, leading people and transforming systems.
- twelve weeks of interactive online learning (around 2.5 hours per week) for the Senior Leaders' programme (or eight weeks for the Emerging Leaders' programme)
- a face-to-face ‘connect’ event where participants will meet up in a wider experiential group setting
- a series of international leadership forum sessions where the Scotland cohort comes together with cohorts from India, Singapore, Ireland and South Africa
- real-time workshops with experienced facilitators and contributors
- locally-focused cross-sector immersions
- access to a mobile app which will help translate the learning into your role
- an internationally recognised CPD credit.
SFHA Director of Public Affairs and Communication Carolyn Lochhead said: “Ensuring housing association leaders – both new and existing – are prepared, agile and able to lead innovative and resilient teams is vital for sustaining the future of the social housing sector. Common Purpose’s programmes will help to equip our leaders with the tools they need while also helping with succession planning."
About Common Purpose:
- Common Purpose delivers programmes for people at every stage of their leadership journey (from young peoples’ legacy programmes through to its flagship global leaders' programme) which can help you to engage with young talent and support you in your succession planning activities
- Common Purpose has been championing diversity and inclusion for over 30 years.
- The cross-sector Common Purpose cohorts will give SFHA members insight into how organisations out with the housing sector approach recruitment, retention, diversity and inclusion, and talent development.
- Senior Leaders' programme – 21 September
- Emerging Leaders' programme – 12 October
SFHA has negotiated with Common Purpose that it will provide 10 places on both Senior and/or Emerging Leaders' programmes for SFHA members at the preferential rate of £1,800 (plus vat) per place.
Find out more:
SFHA is hosting a webinar on 30 August, from 11:00 to 12:00. where members will be able to hear from Common Purpose Development Director Larry Roberts and SFHA member Dan Blake, from Berwickshire Housing, about his own Common Purpose programme experience. There will also be time for Q&A. Book your place.
To apply to be part of an upcoming cohort, or to find out more in the meantime, please contact email@example.com