Supporting Better Futures For All
Demonstrating impact of housing support services
It has never been more important for providers of housing support to demonstrate the impact they have on improving outcomes at an individual level, particularly in terms of health, housing and social wellbeing. Better Futures, an outcomes framework, provides a good way of doing just that.
Recently, the HSEU commissioned an independent evaluation of Better Futures to look at how the system is used, with reference to the policy context within which services operate. In particular, the study investigated the extent to which Better Futures has achieved what it set out to do in terms of five key stakeholder groups: service users, staff, service managers, commissioners, and policy makers.
Amongst other things, the study found that:
“There is near universal consensus is that the Better Futures assessment and review approach is supporting organisations to work in a more outcomes-focused, person-centred way and that this is all to the good.”
Get in touch with SFHA or HSEU if you would like to
- get an insight into how the Better Futures system has been used to demonstrate outcomes for housing support services
- see a demonstration of the online system, including new developments
- find out more about how organisations are using Better Futures
- hear form the Care Inspectorate about the introduction of the new Health and Social Care Standards
- raise the profile of housing support and highlight services' contribution to national outcomes