SURF Awards 2019
Awards now open until 2 September.
SURF’s annual awards process is delivered in partnership with the Scottish Government. It is open to all community regeneration projects in Scotland that are currently in place or have been completed within two years of the closing date. The purpose of the SURF Awards is:
- to recognise and reward best practice and innovation in community regeneration
- to promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as a means of sharing knowledge and experience and, thereby, enhancing future policy and practice
- to highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
The SURF Awards have been running since 1998 and provide an opportunity for regeneration projects of all sizes to demonstrate value to funders and partners, support team-building and develop a national profile. SURF Award winners also receive additional showcase opportunities through SURF activities throughout the following year.
The 2019 SURF Awards categories:
- Creative Regeneration
- Housing and Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Supporting Youth Employability
- Scotland’s Most Improved Place
The awards are now open to entries.
- 2 September: application period closes at 17:00
- Mid-September– November: assessment, shortlisting and site visits by 20 independent judging panel experts. Please note that the judges will specify the day to visit shortlisted projects, which will be between 23 September–30 October.
- 5 December: results announced at a celebratory dinner in the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
For further details, including application forms, please visit the SURF website.