Voids & Allocations Officer – Edinburgh & Glasgow – Scottish Veterans Housing Association Limited
2 Posts: Edinburgh F/T 35 hours per week. Glasgow P/T 16-20 hours per week.
Salary IRO £22K (pro rata for P/T).
We have two exciting opportunities to join an organisation committed to improving the lives of veterans.
The Voids & Allocations Officers will take responsibility to ensure voids in our supported housing services are dealt with efficiently. You will work closely with colleagues to provide high quality and responsive voids management services.
The role will require you to travel around Scotland to meet with referral agencies and individual veterans who may be vulnerable or require support to maintain an independent lifestyle. The successful candidate will show confidence in communicating with customers and demonstrate the skills necessary to help them to access a property that meets their needs.
- An understanding of Housing Management issues and good practice
- Experience of operating successfully as part of a team and achieving service goals
- Ability to work effectively with other service providers and partners to deliver excellent service
- Housing management or community development qualification (desirable)
- A knowledge of HM Forces is desirable as you will need to operate comfortably within the ex-military community
For an application pack, please visit our website - www.svronline.org - or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SVHA Limited is an equal opportunities employer and a registered Scottish Charity SC012739. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Disclosure Scotland check.
Closing date: 0900 Friday 22 April 2016.
Interviews: Thursday 28 and Friday 29 April 2016.