Data Protection Officer Services for SFHA Members
SFHA is aware that this requirement has been causing members some concern, particularly for smaller organisations with limited resources. As there are limitations on who can carry out the role – such as it can never be the Chief Executive – this has left some of our members feeling like they have no one internal who they can appoint.
Freedom of Information “went live” for RSLs on 11 November 2020, bringing with it the requirement to employ a Data Protection Officer under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
SFHA has negotiated three packages of support at heavily discounted rates for SFHA members who require it. As different members will have different needs, we recognise the importance of ensuring different options are available.
Internal DPO Advisory Service - package 1
For those who have appointed (or will appoint) their own internal DPO (i.e. either an existing member of staff or a new member of staff), we have negotiated an advisory service with TC Young for all SFHA members, at a 50% discount.
For no charge, TC Young will arrange to speak with any interested DPO (either in person or over the phone) to discuss their specific requirements and propose a package of support and assistance. The services on offer include:
- One half day refresher training session for staff per annum
- One In-depth training session to key staff members
- Quarterly updates in the form of a newsletter
- Annual Review of Policies and Notices
- Annual Data Protection compliance checks
- Assistance with Privacy Impact Assessments
- Assistance in response to data subject requests (to include subject access requests)
- Telephone advice line for all data protection issues
- Emergency out of hours contact in relation to breach issues
- Investigation of data breaches
- Drafting correspondence with the Information Commissioner’s Office (e.g. in relation to data breaches)
The cost of this service would be on a monthly retainer basis ranging from £50 - £400 (+VAT) per month - depending on the package of services selected.
For more details, or to arrange a meeting with TC Young, please contact Alastair McKendrick:
- E-mail - AWM@tcyoung.co.uk
- Telephone - 0131 220 8740.
Direct DPO Services - package 2 and 3
For those looking for an external firm to directly act as your DPO, we have negotiated the following options for members at greatly discounted rates:
Really Good Data Protection (RGDP LLP)
- £360 per month (12 month retainer) (£4320 per year) plus VAT and travel costs
- DPO on site for half a day (four hours) per month – 12 visits/48 hours a year - with flexibility to reallocate time as appropriate/mutually agreed, e.g. if you ran to five hours one month you could use three the following month
- 30 minutes of ‘free’ or inclusive telephone/email advice time per calendar month
- £100 plus VAT charge an hour for anything over and above the 12 visits/48hours per year
- This represents approx. a 12% a year discount for SFHA members
- SFHA members currently contracted to RGDP’s services will also benefit from the reduced rate on contract renewal for an equivalent level of service
- For more details please contact Mark Chynoweth, the General Manager of RGDP LLP:
- E-mail - email@example.com
- Telephone - 0131 222 3239 / 07741 738842
- An all-inclusive retainer arrangement for a minimum of six months to act as registered DPO and provide all associated advisory, training, request handling / response and policy / procedure drafting services, covering data protection, freedom of information and access to environmental information.
- To be contactable when required – with no limit on number of engagement hours per month.
- The services provided, and fees associated are divided into three separate DPO service packages:
- DPO Premium Service: £695 + VAT per month (normal fee: £750 + VAT per month).
- Includes one contact meeting with the member per month. This can be used for staff training, meetings, staff drop-in sessions, etc.
- DPO Essentials Plus Service: £495 + VAT per month (normal fee: £595 + VAT per month)
- Includes one contact meeting every six months to be used as above.
- DPO Essentials Service: £395 + VAT per month (normal fee: £475 + VAT per month)
- Under this arrangement, all services (including training) are provided remotely.
- This represents an up to 17% discount to SFHA members.
- SFHA members can upgrade or downgrade service packages at the end of the initial minimum term.
- These DPO service packages are only available to SFHA members with housing stock of less than 3,000 units.
- For more details please contact Daradjeet Jagpal
- E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone - 07852 905 779
For more information or assistance
If you wish to enquire about any more specifice details around your DPO services needs please contact Alan Stokes, SFHA Policy lead by email: email@example.com