Data Protection Officer Services for SFHA Members
Discounted services are available to SFHA members to help meeet the requirement to have in place a Data Protection Officer.
Freedom of Information “went live” for RSLs on 11 November 2019, bringing with it the requirement to employ a Data Protection Officer under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). SFHA is aware that this requirement has caused some concern, particularly for smaller organisations with limited resources. As there are limitations on who can carry out the role – such as it can never be the Chief Executive – this has left some of our members feeling like they have no one internal who they can appoint.
SFHA has negotiated two packages of support at heavily discounted rates for SFHA members who require it. These packages have been available since FOI went live in November 2019, with SFHA providing two different options in recognistion of the differing needs of our members.
Internal DPO Advisory Service - package 1
For those who have appointed (or will appoint) their own internal DPO (i.e. either an existing member of staff or a new member of staff), we have negotiated an advisory service with TC Young for all SFHA members, at a 50% discount.
For no charge, TC Young will arrange to speak with any interested DPO (either in person or over the phone) to discuss their specific requirements and propose a package of support and assistance. The services on offer include:
- One half day refresher training session for staff per annum
- One In-depth training session to key staff members
- Quarterly updates in the form of a newsletter
- Annual Review of Policies and Notices
- Annual Data Protection compliance checks
- Assistance with Privacy Impact Assessments
- Assistance in response to data subject requests (to include subject access requests)
- Telephone advice line for all data protection issues
- Emergency out of hours contact in relation to breach issues
- Investigation of data breaches
- Drafting correspondence with the Information Commissioner’s Office (e.g. in relation to data breaches)
The cost of this service would be on a monthly retainer basis ranging from £50 - £400 (+VAT) per month - depending on the package of services selected.
For more details, or to arrange a meeting with TC Young, please contact Alastair McKendrick:
- E-mail - AWM@tcyoung.co.uk
- Telephone - 0131 220 8740.
Package 2 - Direct DPO Services
For those looking for an external firm to directly act as your DPO, we have negotiated the following for members at discounted rates:
Really Good Data Protection (RGDP LLP)
If you are thinking of engaging an external firm to act as your DPO, the SFHA has negotiated a continuation of the significantly discounted service rates with RGDP. The service package is individually tailored to your data protection and FOI requirements, as well as your budget, but indicative costs are:
- £375 per month plus VAT for a 12 month contract. You will be assigned a named DPO who will get to know you and who will provide you with continuity. They will be listed as your DPO on your ICO registration.
- DPO time, including meetings or on-site visits, of four hours per month (12 visits/48 hours per year) – with flexibility to reallocate time as mutually agreed, e.g. if you ran to five hours one month you could use three the following month.
- 30 minutes of ‘free’ telephone/email advice time per calendar month
- £105 plus VAT per hour for DPO time over and above the 12 visits/48hours per year.
- This represents approximately a 12% discount for SFHA members.
For more details, please contact Mark Chynoweth, the General Manager of RGDP LLP:
- E-mail - email@example.com
- Telephone - 07741 738842
For more information or assistance
If you wish to enquire about any more specifice details around your DPO services needs please contact Alan Stokes, SFHA Policy lead by email: firstname.lastname@example.org