Development and Procurement Conference full programme announced
17 and 18 March, Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh.
On Tuesday 17 March, the Development Conference will focus on sustainable development – but what is sustainable development, and how can we develop places that support healthy lifestyles and thriving communities?
Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning Kevin Stewart will open the conference with a key note address.
The event will also discuss:
- off-site construction – is this the future of development?
- what climate change could mean for housing associations
- how to deliver high-quality affordable homes with minimal carbon emissions
- green infrastructure – what is it, and what are the potential benefits of green infrastructure for the social housing sector?
On Wednesday 18 March, the Procurement Conference will explore effective, sustainable procurement, with sessions on:
- Procurement Support Programme – the next steps – your chance to hear directly from Colin Taylor of Scotland Excel and Mark Turley from the Scottish Government who will update on the recent support programme and outline next steps
- learn how to get the most from your procurement processes, whether through community benefits, collaboration or supporting your local suppliers
- procurement training – hear about the latest training opportunities
The Development Conference takes place on 17 March and is directly followed by the Procurement Conference on 18 March, also taking place at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh.
The delegate fees start at £229 for SFHA members (£319 for non-members) which includes attendance, lunch and all refreshments.
When you book to attend both the Development Conference and Procurement Conference, the cost is £395 – a saving of £63.
If you book three places, you can bring a colleague for free.
For more information or to book your place at the conference, please visit the what’s on section of the SFHA website.