DWP to close UC Live Service Escalation line
The DWP is to introduce a new Landlord Escalation route for UC Live Service claimants at risk of eviction, from 3 December.
The Live Service Escalation line is to be discontinued, following the closure of Live Service to new claims since January and the rollout of Full Service due to complete in December.
From 3 December, landlords with a tenant under an imminent threat of eviction will need to call the National UC Live Service telephone line. These calls will be escalated to the Housing Team who will make an outbound call back to the landlord to resolve the case.
Landlords are advised to continue to discuss potential evictions with their Partnership Manager, who can escalate concerns directly to the Housing Team. Landlords can continue to contact the Live Service Housing Team email inbox directly with any enquiries.
Landlords calling the existing Escalation Line will be directed to www.gov.uk/universalcredit to follow the correct escalation route. A message will be added prior to and following closure to signpost landlords to the new escalation routes.
The DWP has advised that there is no change to the UC Full Service process for landlords.
- In UC Full Service landlords should initially engage with their tenant about the issue.
- The tenant has access to their own information via their online account.
- They can share the information from their account with their Landlord if they wish.
- The claimant can also ask through their journal, face-to-face or call the service centre and provide explicit consent to share their personal information with their landlord.
- If the landlord is unable to engage with their tenant, then they can contact UC Full Service.