Five reasons to attend Scottish Factoring Network Conference
29 November, Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow.
The Scottish Factoring Network Conference provides an opportunity for delegates to get up to speed on the latest developments in factoring.
Here are five reasons to attend this year’s event:
- Be inspired by the event’s opening motivational speaker, Gavin Oattes. Gavin is an international keynote speaker, award winning comedian, best-selling author of SHINE and a former Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Although he spends much of his time speaking to business leaders and directors of some of the world’s leading organisations, Gavin’s true inspiration for what he does comes from where he started out his career…primary school teaching.
- Hear from conference regular Jim Bauld. This year’s conference will close with an insightful overview of legislative developments that have taken place over the last year from Jim Bauld, Partner, TC Young.
- Hear from an expert panel on the state of the sector. Hear from the Scottish Government’s Stephen Leetion on the review of the Code of Conduct for Property Factors. Shona Mitchell, Policy Lead, SFHA, and Debra Campbell, SHARE, will then discuss outcomes from 2019 Scottish Factoring Network benchmarking survey and what it might mean for the network’s areas of focus for 2020.
- Find out more about how you can manage your mixed role. Many factoring staff also cover housing management or corporate services functions at their organisations. Come along to this session to discuss ways that you can manage competing priorities and ensure you are up to speed on relevant information in relation to different areas of work.
- A great networking opportunity. The conference also provides an excellent opportunity for delegates to network not only with other housing management professionals from across Scotland but also with conference exhibitors.
The conference takes place on 29 November at the Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow City Centre. The Grand Central Hotel is close to all transport links, including Central Station, Queen Street Station and Buchanan Bus Station.
The delegate fee starts at £239 for members of SFHA, SHARE and GWSF (£329 for non-members) which includes attendance, lunch and all refreshments.
For more information or to book your place, please visit the event page.