Have your say: Warden Call survey
Moving from analogue to digital - the impact on Warden Call/Grouped living systems.
Do you have a traditional warden call system in any of your properties?
Are you aware that in less than five years it will not work?
You only have until close of play on Friday 19 June to complete the Warden Call survey and let the Scottish Government know whether the housing sector needs support to manage the transition or not.
In 2025, the analogue public switch network will be turned off and replaced with an integrated services digital network which will affect the ability for traditional analogue systems to communicate out with the property.
As well as disruption and expense, there are many things that housing providers will need to consider.
The following are a few examples:
- what existing functionality/additional functionality may be wanted, especially considering recent challenges
- what product options are available
- data protection impact assessments
- compatibility of preferred solutions with the new digital systems that your control centre/alarm receiving centre will introduce
- how the switch can be used as an opportunity to stop double charging for tenants/customers who also require additional telecare from their local Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP).
Currently only eight councils and 12 RSLs have responded.
It is reasonable to expect that, if there is a poor return, it could signal that no support is required by social landlords.
If you have any queries please contact Geraldine Begg, TECH Programme Co-ordinator, GBegg@sfha.co.uk