Housing Support Group – supporting your vulnerable tenants
The Housing Support Group is a forum for SFHA members that offer housing support to their tenants. Yvette Burgess summarises the latest Housing Support Group and invites SFHA members to get in touch regarding future topics.
The Housing Support Group met recently for the first time this year. Key topics discussed included:
- the Universal Credit roll-out and how this is impacting on people who need support to claim and maintain UC payments
- the role of supported housing and housing support in achieving the Scottish Government’s plans to end homelessness
This group provides a regular forum for SFHA members that provide housing support to tenants. Members provide support to many types of people, including older tenants, tenants with learning disabilities or mental health issues, or tenants on a recovery journey. Some tenants will have been homeless and need short-term support, while others may need ongoing long-term support.
Whatever type of support you offer, the aim of the Housing Support Group is to provide a forum for discussion of common challenges and shared solutions.
Dates for your diary
Dates of meetings for the year ahead are as follows:
- Tuesday 18 June, SFHA Offices, Glasgow
- Wednesday 18 September, Training Room, Norton Park, Edinburgh
- Wednesday 11 December, SFHA Offices, Glasgow
- Wednesday 18 March 2020, Training Room, Norton Park, Edinburgh
If there are topics you’d like to explore at these meetings, please get in touch Yvette Burgess.