SFHA welcomes newest member Southside Housing Association
We are delighted to welcome Southside as the newest members of the SFHA!
Who are Southside Housing Association?
Southside are based in the Hillington area of Glasgow with a local office also in Pollokshields.
Since its foundation in 1971, Southside has continued to grow significantly in terms of property stock numbers and now manage approximately 2,200 houses. Through their own factoring company, SFARS, they now also provide a factoring service to a further 800 houses.
The Southside Mission
In an ever-changing environment, the association emphasise their unwavering mission for:
- All of their homes to be popular and affordable
- All of their customer to be delighted with the service they receive
- All of their staff to be well trained, highly motivated and professional
- Strong engagement and participation from the communities they serve
- To achieve excellent performance outcomes
- To have sound Governance arrangements and to be well resourced and financially robust
- To be respected by all who they work with
SFHA Chief Executive Sally Thomas said: "We are thrilled to welcome Southside as they become SFHA's 131st member!
“Each one of our 131 members helps to strengthen our voice as the national body for Scotland’s housing associations and co-operatives when working to influence and advocate in the best interests of our members and their tenants.
“The more we can represent housing associations and co-operatives across Scotland, the more we can broaden and strengthen the sector’s contribution to social justice and inclusive growth.”