Social Housing Resilience Group meeting update
Update on latest work and key issues.
The Social Housing Resilience Group (SHRG) was convened by SFHA in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
As well as SFHA, the SHRG comprises Scottish Government, Public Health Scotland, Scottish Housing Regulator, Wheatley Group, Glasgow and West of Scotland Forum of Housing Associations, Chartered Institute of Housing Scotland, and Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers.
The SHRG aims to deal with the significant challenges the outbreak is causing so that social landlords can continue to provide the support their tenants and communities need.
At the latest meeting, the SHRG discussed the update to the Guide to Restarting Services, published on 2 November, in light of Scotland's move to a tiered system of restrictions. There was also consideration of a joint letter from the Scottish Government and COSLA in support of the update, which has since been published.
The SHRG also discussed:
- the findings of the latest SHR monthly dashboard
- digital signatures for tenancy agreements. A note to support RSLs with a shift to this has since been published
- what future funding support for community resilience might be needed and how the Scottish Government might best target this
- the Scottish Government provided an update on the Tenant Hardship Loan Fund, which is expected to go live soon
- work on the implications for housing of the UK Internal Market Bill is underway between SFHA and CIH in Scotland and Wales.