Social Housing Resilience Group weekly update: 28 May
Update on SHRG's work and key issues.
The Social Housing Resilience Group (SHRG) was convened by SFHA in response to the coronavirus outbreak. As well as SFHA, the SHRG comprises Scottish Government, Public Health Scotland, Scottish Housing Regulator, Wheatley Group, Glasgow and West of Scotland Forum of Housing Associations, Chartered Institute of Housing Scotland, and Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers. It aims to deal with the significant challenges the outbreak is causing so that social landlords can continue to provide the support their tenants and communities need.
Read the report here which summarises the outputs and outcomes delivered by the group between March and May 2020.
Updates this week include the following:
- A new national procurement option for PPE is now available for housing associations. Please contact Stacey Dingwall firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- The first Covid-19 returns to the Scottish Housing Regulator were submitted to the SHR on 7 May. Aggregated figures have been published on the SHR website, with the next submission due on 8 June.
- SFHA is seeking financial data from members to inform asks of government and the commercial lending sector. We have already received some completed submissions and member queries about the submission form. The deadline to respond is 5 June, but SFHA have stated a willingness to be flexible. Amendments will be made to the return for Q2 based on member feedback. For further information please contact Shona Mitchell email@example.com
- SFHA shared feedback from associations on their tenants’ experiences with energy suppliers, with the main issues being legacy payment meters and with specific suppliers. There are also concerns over rising bills for tenants as the pandemic continues. Scottish Government has raised these with Energy UK, which is expected to join a call with the SHRG in the next couple of weeks.
- Work is underway to review future plans and priorities for EEESH and the installation of smoke detectors in light of current restrictions. SFHA has submitted evidence from members regarding fire safety to the Scottish Government.
- The SHRG is working on a response on behalf of the sector to the Scottish Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Framework for Decision Making proposals and Route map, including a restarting services guide for landlords, an online space for sharing practice and ideas, and focussed discussions on key priorities including lettings and financial support for tenants.
For more information contact Lorna Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org