Why is off-site construction important for the future of development?
Countdown to SFHA Development Conference: 11 days to go.
Andrew Nurse, Project Manager, CSIC is leading a session at SFHA's Development Conference on off-site construction. The session will look at the findings of a report that provides evidence on how this construction method can support and benefit the affordable housing sector.
The report found that wider use of off-site construction, where structures are built at a different location, such as a factory, then transported to the site of use, helps to reduce cost, speed up delivery, improve quality and environmental impact and reduce health and safety risks.
Andrew Nurse said: “This report is rich in expert advice and will give the Scottish Government and its partners the evidence upon which to help shape future policy.
“We enjoy a strong off-site housing manufacturing sector in Scotland, and this report points to significant opportunities to build on that success. This is a major focus of our work at the Innovation Centre.”
Andrew's session will look at the report in detail and answer any questions delegates may have.
The Development Conference will be opened by Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning, Kevin Stewart, MSP.
- How do we increase off-site housing construction in Scotland?
- Social housing and green infrastructure
- Delivering high quality, affordable homes with minimal carbon emissions
- Create better greenspaces for nature and residents...and save money
- Housing Futures – a new innovation programme from SFHA, National Federation of Housing in England, Community Housing Cymru in Wales and the Northern Ireland Federation of Housing Associations.
The Development Conference takes place on 17 March at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh and is followed by the Procurement Conference on 18 March.
Delegate fees starts at £229 for SFHA members (£319 for non-members), which includes attendance, lunch and all refreshments. If you book to attend both days, the cost is £395 – a saving of £63, and you can send a different delegate each day.