Housing associations and co-operatives must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The SFHA has produced guidance for members (see downloads below this article) detailing:
- Organisations' obligations
- The rights of individuals
- Disclosing information about tenants
- Disclosures required by law
- Regulatory activity
- Registering as a data controller
- Document retention
General Data Protection Regulations
The SFHA ointly with GWSF commissioned TC Young to produce templates and guidance on the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) - which were published in February 2018. More details about this guidance is available below, along with an FAQ document we published in June 2018.