New Regulatory Framework Published
The Scottish Housing Regulator has published the finalised Regulatory Framework guidance, which will come into effect from 1 April 2019. The SHR has also published its response to consultation feedback. Both are available via the links below:
SHR has taken account of a number of points the SFHA highlighted within our consultation response, summarised below.
- Changes to the wording of specific Regulatory Standards, Charter Indicators and Constitutional Standards
- Providing clarity on the status of advisory guidance – such as the SHR’s Business Planning Guidance – within the revised Framework.
- SHR will delay the assessment of compliance against new requirements on equalities and human rights until April 2021, providing further time to develop sector specific guidance
- SHR will also not make proposed changes to the submission date for Five Year Financial Projections until 2020.
- An acknowledgment that SHR will work with SFHA and the sector in the production of its advisory tool kit, and in the development of ongoing mechanisms to meet with the sector.