Tick icon
I am the notification bar, pleased to meet you.
Close close icon

Housing and Independent Living iconHousing and Independent Living / Housing Support


Housing support describes services that help people with particular needs to live independently, and includes help with things like:

  • Budgeting and money management
  • Benefits and welfare rights advice
  • Befriending and advocacy services
  • Co-ordinating care with other support services, e.g. health, social work, leisure, education and criminal justice
  • Tenancy sustainment services

Housing associations that provide support services are also regulated by the Care Inspectorate.

The SFHA ​represents and ​promotes ​members at the Housing Support Enabling Unit Executive Committee. Get in touch if you would like to find out more or would like to raise an issue at the next meeting.

The SFHA supports ​members in partnership with the Housing Support Enabling Unit (HSEU) by providing regular Housing Support Group meetings.

Url has been copied