Realising Scotland’s Full Potential in a Digital World
Scottish Government releases digital strategy
Realising Scotland’s Full Potential in a Digital World sets out how the Scottish Government intends to place digital at the heart of everything it does from reforming public services to delivering economic growth. This includes:
- creating the conditions that could lead to 150,000 working in digital technology jobs across Scotland by the start of the next decade;
- ensuring that every premises in Scotland is able to access broadband speeds of at least 30Mbps by 2021;
- a new digital schools’ programme;
- a new round of funding for community digital inclusion projects and expand Scotland’s Digital Participation Charter;
- infrastructure that is secure and resilient against cyber attack; and
- a new Digital Growth Fund to address the current undersupply of digital skills.
The full digital strategy is available on the Scottish Government website.