Supporting others to stay safe online
Supporting others to stay safe online, free online training on 16 October, 10:00–12:00.
How do we provide high quality support through digital inclusion projects to enable people to stay safe online and maintain their privacy?
This is an important question for any digital inclusion project, and one being explored as part of the One Digital Centre for Ageing Better and Good Things Foundation free online event on 16 October from 10:00–12:00.
Visit Eventbrite to book your place.
This online session is aimed at co-ordinators of digital inclusion projects.
It will discuss:
- What do we know about why online safety and privacy is a barrier for learners? What is your project's experience? What does research tell us?
- What are the challenges and barriers for digital champions in providing support to learners about online safety?
- What are the key messages and behaviours that projects need to promote?
- What resources are currently being used to train digital champions?
- How can we improve the confidence, awareness and skills of digital champions?