Based on current advice this conference will be rescheduled to a later date in 2022. This will be announced when we return to the office in January.
If you have any questions about the conference please contact Karen Devin, SFHA Event Manager on email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the conference
Strong governance remains as crucial as ever in ensuring the success of an organisation – with the governing body members’ role as leaders of the organisation never more important.
We'll explore lessons learned from the pandemic and demonstrate how the sector has emerged stronger on the other side despite unprecedented challenges. Throughout the two days there will be real life examples from across the sector and beyond, with interactive sessions designed to ensure delegates are engaged in every aspect.
On the first day, the conference will focus on lessons learned both north and south of the border from the pandemic and explore with delegates what modern governance looks like. This will include shared experiences from governance specialists; regulators and other RSLs – offering delegates an insightful and widespread perspective.
On the second day a range of topics will be explored including virtual governance; governing body member recruitment; ensuring governance is understood; treasury management; and emerging stronger following statutory intervention.
This conference will provide an opportunity for governing body members who attend to network with peers from across the country and come away with fresh ideas and different perspectives.
Is the conference for me?
This participative, engaging conference will be hugely beneficial to any governing body members who attend, regardless of level of experience.
Costs and How to Book
Bookings will be available in the new year and if you would like to register your interest in the conference please contact Karen Devin, SFHA Event Manager on email@example.com
What we are doing to ensure your safety at SFHA in person events
To ensure that you, our staff, and all attendees are safe, we are asking everyone to comply with the following protocols:
- Please take a lateral flow test the evening before the event and do not attend if you receive a positive result.
- If you or any of your party feels unwell or need to self-isolate, please do not attend the event
- If you test positive for COVID-19 in the days after the event, please ensure you enter your result in the national NHS app or call 119.
- Please limit the number of personal belongings you bring with you into the conference area.
We are monitoring advice and guidance closely and will modify our mitigations as necessary.
There will be several measures at our events and conferences to help minimise any risk:
- Unless you are clinically exempt, mask wearing in public areas and whilst moving around the venue is mandatory
- The SFHA Team will be wearing face coverings throughout our events.
- Increased spacing between aisles and chairs
- Increased ventilation in the conference space
- We are no longer providing bags or a printed conference packs.
- Enhanced cleaning and hand sanitising
- Contactless payment where possible.