About the workshop
In partnership with Skills Development Scotland (SDS), SFHA Innovation and Future Thinking Programme have secured funding for housing associations to work with Skills Development Scotland in their Skills for Growth service.
What is Skills for Growth?
COVID-19 - alongside longer-term challenges such as demographic and technological changes - has brought the skills needs of Scotland’s businesses into sharper focus.
Skills Development Scotland is helping employers face these challenges by equipping people and organisations with the skills to seize opportunities and realise their potential. SDS advisers work with you to help identify any learning needs and provide a fresh perspective on what skills your organisation needs for the future.
Fully-funded and offering employers a range of potential solutions unique to them, Skills for Growth guides you towards the right support, such as training opportunities and funding. Employers benefit from having their own specialist adviser from SDS and a specialist consultant. They'll help make the best use of your management skills, assess the skills of your staff and work with training providers to fill the gaps.
The masterclass is an introduction into the service and will be delivered by specialist consultant Connect Three on the themes of succession planning, leadership and development which were identified by the housing sector as being key areas. It will be interactive and valuable for attendees and assist in shaping the offering from Skills Development Scotland's Skills for Growth service.
Benefits of attending
The masterclass will introduce the fully funded and bespoke consultancy support that housing associations can access through Skills for Growth, ensuring that organisations and employees have the correct skill sets to carry out their roles and offer training to enhance skills where appropriate.
Who should attend
This masterclass will be of interest to housing staff at a senior level who want to explore what could be gained through this fully funded service.
Costs & how to book
This session is for SFHA members and is FREE to attend. To book your place use the 'Book Now' button at the top of this page.
You will receive the link for the session around 24 hours the session is due to start which you will use on the day to access it.
We are broadcasting this session on Zoom.
- The online recordings of webinars and conferences using Zoom and Teams will be used on the SFHA website to provide insight and information post-event.
- SFHA has considered the 3rd party usage and security of both applications and found these both suitable and applicable to meet our privacy and data protection standards.
- We may also use these recordings for information sharing, promotion and publicity, this also includes social media use. Personal details and identification will never be recorded or shared if it is deemed inappropriate or not for legitimate interests.
- By your attendance at the webinar/training/virtual conference, you acknowledge that you have been informed that your details may be shared for legitimate interests purposes only.
- If you do not wish to be recorded, or details used for as part of this conference, you should inform SFHA staff immediately.