About the training
This virtual training, has been specifically designed to help delegates learn more about the causes, impacts, opportunities and risks posed by climate change.
The training will explore the key the role of the housing sector in achieving Scotland’s emission reduction aims, and the low carbon behaviours and actions required to achieve these aims.
The course is structured into four modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Climate Change
- Module 2: Climate impacts and adaptations
- Module 3: Climate Change mitigation
- Module 4: Action and Communication
Participants successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate of Carbon Literacy, the cost of this is included in the training.
The training is delivered by environmental charity, Keep Scotland Beautiful.
What to expect
The course involves a total of 8 hours of learning, this includes:
- A weekly 1 hour live session, for four weeks (via Microsoft Teams meeting)
- Some ‘homework’ to complete each week (via eLearning platform Moodle).
Benefits of attending
- By attending delegates will learn more about the causes, impacts, opportunities and risks posed by climate change.
- Participants successfully completing the course will receive a Certificate of Carbon Literacy.
Who should attend?
The training is aimed at those involved in asset management and delivering low carbon solutions for the social housing sector.
The training is delivered by environmental charity, Keep Scotland Beautiful and delivery will be via their Microsoft Teams. It will take place on the following dates:
Session 1, Thursday 8 September, 10:00-11:00
Session 2, Thursday 15 September, 10:00-11:00
Session 3, Thursday 22 September, 10:00-11:00
Session 4, Thursday 29 September, 10:00-11:00
You will be expected to attend all 4 sessions.
Participants will need: a PC, laptop or tablet with access to microphone and camera and access to the internet.
Your booking information will be shared with Keep Scotland Beautiful who will send you joining information and the other materials directly.Please note by booking you are agreeing for your details to be shared with Keep Scotland Beautiful.
Costs and how to book
This training is exclusively for SFHA members and costs £420. Please note numbers are limited to ensure maximum interaction..
To book your place please use the book now button on this page.