An introduction to the development process for Community Trusts
About the training
Many remote communities in Argyll are currently experiencing declining populations due to the significant challenges in providing affordable housing, particularly for young families. These challenges stem from the geographical remoteness of the communities involved, many of which are located on islands in the Inner Hebrides. However, the Rural and Islands Housing Funds present opportunities for Community Trusts in these locations to take on the responsibility of delivering appropriate housing solutions.
This virtual training session will outline what is involved in the development process so that Community Trusts can be equipped to deliver affordable housing in their own communities.
The training will be delivered by Graham Harper in conjunction with Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at Community Trusts in rural areas.
Delegates will leave with an outline understanding of the legal, technical and processes, the roles of the principal actors, the Scottish Government grant system, achieving good governance and how to get what you need from the construction industry.
Costs & how to book
The training costs £300 and it will take place on Monday 22 November from 10.00am - 3.00pm.
To book your place use the 'Book Now' button at the top of this page.
You will receive the link for the session around 24 hours before the session is due to start which you will use on the day to access it.
We are broadcasting this session on Microsoft Teams.
- The online recordings of webinars and conferences using Zoom and Teams will be used on the SFHA website to provide insight and information post-event.
- SFHA has considered the 3rd party usage and security of both applications and found these both suitable and applicable to meet our privacy and data protection standards.
- We may also use these recordings for information sharing, promotion and publicity, this also includes social media use. Personal details and identification will never be recorded or shared if it is deemed inappropriate or not for legitimate interests.
- By your attendance at the webinar/training/virtual conference, you acknowledge that you have been informed that your details may be shared for legitimate interests purposes only.
- If you do not wish to be recorded, or details used for as part of this conference, you should inform SFHA staff immediately.
Your booking information will be shared with Highlands and Islands Enterprise. Please note by booking you are agreeing for your details to be shared with Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Member Price N/A
Non-member Price £300
Graham Harper has been in social housing development for over 25 years. Following senior positions with the then Canmore and then Viewpoint Housing Associations he formed Graham Harper Consulting in 2010.Read More
He provides development services to RSLs of varying sizes across Scotland. He has assisted the SFHA from time to time with development policy advice. He delivered Canmore’s “Slateford Green” project, pioneering many of the sustainability techniques we use today.