About The Conference
Over the last few years the Scottish Government has been working to reform and improve public sector procurement. The third annual SFHA Procurement Conference, sponsored by SPA, will look at the main strands of work to improve public sector procurement and how this has affected housing associations. We will ask what the major challenges are, what are the opportunities for housing associations and what support is available from the SFHA, its partners and the Scottish Government.
Major topic covered will include
- The Review of Procurement in Public Sector Construction and the new Construction Manual – what does it mean for housing associations and what do we need to know
- The use of Procurement Frameworks – when should they be used and how do you pick the right one?
- Procurement Capability Assessments – what do they tell us about the sector?
- Collaborative Procurement – is this the way forward?
- Procurement Strategies and Annual Procurement Reports
- Framework & Lot Guidance CPPN 3/2017
- R&M Frameworks using multiple smaller SME contractors
- Legal Debate
- Issues on terminology used on ESPD
- Challenges & shape of the future – Brexit now upon us
The conference will also see the launch of a Community Benefits Guide for Housing Associations written by SFHA and Scotland Excel.
* 2 for 1 Special offer – to book the reduced ticket price for both events click on the ‘Book now’ button and select the ‘Member Special Rate to attend Development & Procurement Conference’.
Is This for You?
If you work in Procurement, Property Maintenance, Development, Corporate Services or Finance and are responsible for procuring significant works, goods and services, then this is the conference to update you on guidance, law and good practice.
As well as hearing from the SFHA Procurement advisor Dougie Gold, there will be input from the Scottish Government, legal experts and organisations working with the regulations. This year’s procurement conference looks at all the keys issues and best practice for RSL’s.
Costs and How to Book
The delegate fee starts at £219 for SFHA Members (£299 for non members) which includes attendance, lunch and all refreshments.
Save ££s … Discount
Book to attend both the Development Conference (being held the day before, 12 February) and Procurement Conference for just £375 - a saving of £63.00.
The Exhibition is the main networking hub during both days of the conference where all reffreshments and lunch will be served. By exhibiting, your organisation gains the opportunity to network with delegates face-to-face and demonstrate or promote your products and services.
Interested in Exhibiting?
The contact Craig McMillan by calling 0141 567 6230 or email cmcmillan@ sfha.co.uk
The Doubletree by Hilton Glasgow Central offers spacious meeting and exhibition space. Located in the heart of the city there is easy access from all major transport links and on site car parking.
Free Wi-Fi is available, which will enable delegates to stay connected during the conference.
Follow us @sfha_hq for event updates!